Ways to Give
Thank you for your interest in giving to Hingham Community Center (HCC).
HCC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that has maintained the promise of preserving the building for public use. HCC does not receive town, state, or federal support so for this reason we rely on the philanthropic spirit of individuals, businesses and grants to make this facility a place for everyone and to be a forefront on the continuing revitalization of our beautiful downtown. We would not be able to continue without your generous support.
How to Make your Charitable Donation
You may make an unrestricted gift to HCC at any time, or you can contribute to our Capital Campaign. We appreciate every gift, no matter how large or small!
You can make an online gift through our secure website.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards.
To make a gift by telephone, please call our business office at 781-749-9786.
To mail your gift, please include your name, address and your check or money order, and send your gift to:
Hingham Community Center
70 South Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Many employers have matching gift programs that double your gift. For more information on matching gifts, please contact your employer or our Development Office at 781-749-9786.
MAKE US THE BENEFICIARY OF AN IRA OR LIFE INSURANCE POLICY
NAME US IN YOUR WILL
The Capital Campaign is a three-year fundraising effort to transform HCC in support of our mission to enrich the South Shore and preserve the Ensign Thaxter House.
HCC has been in existence since 1897 when it was originally established as the Wompatuck Club. A lot has changed since then.This Campaign is our opportunity to update and modernize HCC, and bring a fully accessible, contemporary meeting and program space to the South Shore. With a goal of raising $2 million, the Campaign represents the most significant fundraising drive in the Center’s history.
The Campaign is organized around four priorities to support HCC and the community, and we would love your help. To learn more about how to be part of this Campaign, please contact us.
Capital Campaign Goals
- Install a lift to make the second floor accessible for all.
- Adapt the second floor restroom to accommodate wheelchair access.
Enhance Physical Access
- Develop the Center’s backyard as indoor/outdoor space for events, activities and quiet enjoyment.
- Re-landscape the backyard and cultivate a garden for fresh herbs and vegetables.
Transform Our Outdoor Space
- Renovate the Center’s kitchen to provide cooking classes and catering opportunities.
- Update the Center’s interior rooms on the first and second floors for conference and meeting space, community and school events, and functions.
- Establish the Ensign Thaxter Art gallery.
Modernize Our Facilities
- Continue investments to maintain the historic building as required under the Center’s Bylaws.